A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Adapted by Louise Kearley.
Performance: December 4-8, 2019 - Arts & Culture Centre - Barbara Barrett Basement Theatre
After their sold-out show last year, St. John's Players is back again to put you in the mood for Christmas!
Step back in time to Christmas Eve, 1944, The Newfoundland Broadcasting Corporation is broadcasting from a makeshift studio at the Hotel Newfoundland. Limited tickets are available to watch the behind-the-scenes madness that unfolds as The St. John's Players perform a live radio broadcast of the perennial favorite, Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol . Whatever could possibly go wrong does!
Featuring songs of the season performed in the style of the times, this radio drama is a funny, touching, and joyful addition to the holiday celebrations.
- RADIO STATION CAST
- Katie Billard - Sadie Johnson
- Sandra Mills - Ruth Seymour
- Alexandria Benson - Becky Andersen
- Tolson Barrington - Chuck O'Brien
- Brandon Hillier - Cliff Daniel (Station Announcer & Narrator)
- Patrick Dawson - Danny Moore (Stage Manager & Foley Artist)
- Chris Panting - Alec Henley (Foley Artist)
- Mike O'Keefe - William Smallwood (Hotel Manager)
- Howard Cheeseman - Drunken Sailor
- SJP CAST
- Jim Healey - Sir Cedric Hardwick (Scrooge)
- Nichole Woodman - Florence Conroy (Poor Boy, Young Scrooge, Tiny Tim)
- Sean Collins - Miles Furlong (Bob Cratchit, Ghost of Christmas Future)
- Steve Gosse - Arthur Murray (Marley, Ghost of Christmas, Headmaster)
- Michelle Lambert - Sylvia Wigh (Mrs. Cratchit, Ghost of Christmas Past, Belle, Fan)
- Co/Directors - Louise Kearley & Scott Simms
- Producer - Eileen Doyle
- Musical Coordinator - Sandra Mills
- Stage Manager - Jacqueline Ottenheimer
- Costumes - Jenelle Welshman
- Lighting - Mike Monachese
- Sound - Jamie Reid
- Props & Set - Howard Cheeseman & Mike O'Keefe
- Publicity - Shirley Sellars
- Poster Design - David Sturge