A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Adapted by Louise Kearley.
Performance: December 4-7, 2019 - Arts & Culture Centre - Barbara Barrett Basement Theatre
After their sold-out show last year, St. John's Players is back again to put you in the mood for Christmas!
Step back in time to Christmas Eve, 1944, The Newfoundland Broadcasting Corporation is broadcasting from a makeshift studio at the Hotel Newfoundland. Limited tickets are available to watch the behind-the-scenes madness that unfolds as The St. John's Players perform a live radio broadcast of the perennial favorite, Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol . Whatever could possibly go wrong does!
Featuring songs of the season performed in the style of the times, this radio drama is a funny, touching, and joyful addition to the holiday celebrations.
- RADIO STATION CAST
- Katie Billard - Vera Dupree (Woman # 1)
- Sandra Mills - Lisa Seymour (Woman #2)
- Alexandra Benson - Rebecca Andersen (Woman #3)
- Tolson Barrington - Charles O'Brien (Man #2)
- Brandon Hillier - Cliff Daniel (Station Announcer)
- Patrick Dawson - Danny Moore (Stage Manager & Foley Artist)
- Chris Panting - Foley Artist
- Mike O'Keefe - Michael Smallwood (Manager of the Hotel Newfoundland)
- SJP CAST
- Jim Healey - Sir William Hardwick
- Fionn Shea - Tommy Mills (Poor Boy, Young Scrooge, Tiny Tim)
- Sean Collins - Donald Barrett (Bob Cratchit)
- Steve Gosse - John Doyle (Marley, Christmas Present, Headmaster)
- Michelle Lambert - Marjorie Kearney (Bella, Mrs. Cratchit, Christmas Past)
- Director - Louise Kearley
- Stage Manager - TBD
- Sound - TBD
- Lighting - TBD
- Costumes - TBD
- Props - Howard Cheeseman & Mike O'Keefe
- Publicity - Shirley Sellars
- Poster Design - David Sturge